Too Late for Tea (A Children's Bedtime Story)

Before the birthday when I would turn three.
These are the things that mum said to me.

It’s too late for tea.
It’s too late to ski.
It’s too late to plant a brand-new tree.
It’s too late to look out the window baby.
So hurry my child, move quickly.

It’s too late to dance.
It’s too late for prance.
It’s too late to try and save both of the aunts.
It’s too late to take that vacation to France.
It’s too late to give your sweet mummy a glance.

It’s too late for pie.
It’s too late to fly.
Just go with your sister and daddy outside.
It’s too late to cry.
It’s too late to try.
Don’t try and save me if you don’t want to die.

Please don’t try and plea.
Just take the car key.
Go with the rest of the family and flee.
It’s too late for tea.
It’s too late for me.
Your mummy has turned into a zombie.

Comments