Mally's Diary: October 2049


Posted by anonymous. 


After the downfall of local cyber-ware enthusiast gang NONE MORE METAL, a collection of diary entries was discovered at [DATA EXPUNGED], New Rome. The details appear to be from one of the gang's more eccentric, potentially mentally unstable members.


Read at your own discretion.


Entry 1


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Observation Journal Personal Diary

By Maleficent

October 2049


Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells, and pretty maids all in a row.


Mr Lombardi used to recite that poem to me often, usually when I was in detention. I’d always ponder why. Not necessarily why he recited poems, that was something common for him (quite the literary geek if you will). No, dear diary, I pondered why he chose that one, and always that one.
It seemed like a nice poem on the surface. Perhaps, one could argue it was accurate too. Yes, I suppose I was always changing my mind. I’ve always gotten bored easily. Ever the child prodigy I used to finish my schoolwork far more quickly than my peers. In the time that I had left my golden brain would wander and wonder about many things. I’d conjure up fantastic plans of mischief, question why my idiotic classmates couldn’t catch up to me, stare curiously at Mr Lombardi’s newly dyed moustache. The swirling, spiralling cacophony of chatter would cease at the call of the bell. My only thought then was what to have for lunch…


Looking back at little Mary, all alone scarfing down on her Nutella and marmite sandwich, I can see how she’d drift into destructive daydreams. Cold blue eyes flickering on and off at the peers laughing from inside the school, dumping their rubbish on her back through the window. Every act was a small spark of inspiration. One, freckly, rat faced girl ‘accidentally’ spills her yoghurt.


Can I develop a working slingshot from the material on my desk?


The yoghurt slinks under the school shirt collar.


If I fire it, can I blame it on good little Lucy?


It turns out the answer to both was yes. Momma’s an engineer and Lucy is a stuttering bitch who can’t defend herself.


Detention came for other reasons, like forgetting homework (a self-appointed genius has better things to do, like melting ant hills)


When I got there, it turns out stutter bitch had ragged on me by writing it all down. That’s the first time Mr Lombardi recited the poem.


At the time, I thought he was just being funny. Yeah, yeah, I’m contrary, I’m weird, I get it. Back then the things I did could be considered stupid for one so intelligent. The degree of my mischief fluctuated by the day. Small pranks, the occasional near-death experience. I didn’t care. When have I ever cared?


I came across that poem again last night, in the midst of research. Turns out Mr Lombardi was either a dick or a sadist, or both.
From what I can gather, the original meaning of this old English tale has something to do with torture and a woman named Bloody Mary. This delightful lady used the supposed ‘silver bells’ and ‘cockleshells’ to mutilate the thumbs and genitals of protestants. If they survived that, then it was execution for them. Her supposed garden has been interpreted as a graveyard of the damned souls she forcefully put to rest.


Now, as a teacher I expect Mr Lombardi knew this so one must wonder if what he saw in me that I reminded him of a gruesome (though very awesome) story.


Is violence and death all that awaits my future?








[Redacted due to messy scribblings and inappropriate images]








Sorry for disappearing, but I have exciting news dear diary. None-More Metal got back to me about my request to tail their exploits. With supposed high stakes plans on the horizon, seems they need all the hands they can get.


I’m so bloody excited.





What appears to be a hand drawn image was found at the bottom. I have left it for impact. Warning for mildly disturbing content.



























Image result for disturbing smile drawing

Comments