Ready or Not

Stacking boxes,
locking the door,
I say goodbye
to the child
that still isn't ready
to grow up.

Look at me kid.

Papers are due,
and so is the rent.
We can't keep living
in a dream
if we want to stay
in this imperfect heaven.

I'm sorry to say,
in order to gain
we have to endure
the growing pains.
So stop hurting me,
because nothing will change.

Yes, I had to trash
that silly story
from year ten.
Don't cry.
We've made better things
since then.

You can scream all you like,
but I can't control
the clock.
I'm not god.
We're both more human
Than we thought.

I promise,
I'll make it work.
We can survive on our own.
Live normally,
like Deku
without his quirk.

Look

I'm tired.
You're tired.
We've always been tired.
So let's stop fighting,
before we break ourselves.


I'm kissing him goodbye now.


I'm handing the last bag to mum.


Time to go.


You coming?

...

Please?

...

Don't make me go alone.


Please.


Don't





make






me







go








i'm not ready

Comments